These resources were posted awhile ago on Resources for LA Seniors. Hopefully still accurate.
- WDACS (Workforce Development Aging & Community Services): older adults 65+ w/o means of paying for food can call (800) 510-2020 to be connected to a local food bank for meals. Meals can be picked up by themselves, family member, friend, or an AllTogether LA Volunteer
- Click for Meals on Wheels 1-888-998-6325
Mental Health Resources
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- NAMI Warmline: 1-877-910-9276 (phone service for those who need emotional support but aren’t experiencing suicidal thoughts) Mon-Fri 9am-3am, Sat-Sun 10am-3am. Services available in both English and Spanish
- LA Warmline: 855-952-9276 10pm-6am daily. English and Spanish
- Institute of Aging Friendship Line: (888) 670-1360 — emotional support for older adults. You can also sign up for on-going outreach calls
- Click for free Coronavirus Anxiety Workbook
- Click for Free online support groups
Ways to stay busy [it’s not about staying “busy” but being fulfilled! Pick up some digital skills to do even more!]
- Sign up for a LA County digital library card [watch movies, listen to music, listen to audio books, read ebooks and online magazines and newspapers and more for free].
- Click and Follow a guided meditation from the New York Times, unlimited access, free with your LA library card!
- Click to Take a virtual trip around the world.